Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome!

Okay.  So, yes.  It snowed here in Oxford, but my world didn't completely shut down (just the schools, stores, roads...).  Looky!!



It's REAL snow this time.  Not "snow" which is what we usually get.

And because the Snow-pocalypse was predicted early last week, I went ahead and drafted my first post as a solo-blogger.  Here 'tis--

WELCOME TO PICTURE THIS!


 Well, hello!!   Thank you so much for following me over here.  I must admit that I feel a little bit like I'm wandering into a party all alone ...



But, it'll be okay.  Katie promises to visit me, and you can find her blog here.   Please go and see her.  I'll wait ...

Soooo ... let me get you up to date.  Katie and I decided to branch off from our PlotThis blog and venture out on our own.  Since I'm immersed in the world of picture books and middle grade, and she is rockin' the young adult and adult non-fiction world (yep--she's working on a memoir), we decided that it made sense to split off and start new blogs--each having a different focus.

Since last fall, I have finished up revisions on my picture book and have been given the go-ahead by my wonderful editor and art directors at Viking to start on final illustrations--that's 30 little paintings that I've got to whip out in the next few months!!   Plus, I've been working on my middle grade novel, sketching new characters and brainstorming new picture book ideas.

Over the next few months, I'll be blogging about things like:

                                       *favorite picture books and middle grade novels                          
                                       *illustrating for children
                                       *revising, plotting and creating characters
                                       *chasing cats, juggling creativity with responsibility,
                                         carpool lines, and general Southern randomness

                                    
I hope you'll come back.  Here's to 2011!!!!!

Now I'm off to find our sleds.

sf

10 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you new blog. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I seem to blog only about older books, and I need to start thinking about how to talk about picture books, esp. since I'm going to speak on a local SCBWI panel this spring. Looking forward to what you have to share...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! The new blog looks great, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Love the new blog and am warming my feet after a BIG SLED A THON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back!

    And so excited for the thirty little paintings....got goosebumps just thinking about them.

    Love the look of the blog, agent buddy!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see all your little pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back! I'll be visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can we borrow some of that snow!? The 6-12 inches we were supposed to receive has been downgraded to almost 0 (with a little freezing rain instead!). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new blog! Congrats on your awesome book deal. Can't wait to see the 30 little pics in your book.

    I live in the South, too. We got four inches the other day.

    I've awarded you with a blog award! To accept it, visit www.christiewrightwild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank goodness you're back and I found you!!! I have missed both you and Katie. I'm now a follower on this new spot since my drug of choice...uh, genre of choice is picture book. Oh, and middle grade too. Yeah, I love reading YA although I don't really want to write any. So WOO HOO, glad to reconnect. Come see my latest post, and follow, if you aren't already :-)
    writefromthesoulvisualeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.