Monday, February 7, 2011

Hail to the Spork and Reply All

Today's post will be short and sweet.  I've got a house full of sick people over here, so I'm going to piggy-back onto my friend Katie's brilliant spork post.  She talks about how we should use the spork as our guide when writing--you may think all of the world's stories have been told, but you can always add a new twist.  

Like this:



My husband brought this home from a camping trip.  If you can't tell from the picture, it is a spork with a serrated handle.  A spork-ife? knispork?

And this:




My set of antique sterling silver Tiffany sporks.  I know.  If that doesn't say "Southern", I don't know what does.

Finally, switching gears here, one of my favorite things about going to SCBWI Conferences is meeting other writers.  Check out my friend Bill Cochran's Super Bowl ad for Bridgestone Tires that ran last night. 







And, if you have an opportunity to vote for your favorite Super Bowl ad (like here), then vote for him.  Yay Bill!!!!

Have a great day. Stay well. Stay warm.

Hail to the spork!  Why am I suddenly craving Kentucky Fried Chicken ....

sf

2 comments:

  1. Hope you all feel better!

    PS - Only you would have a Tiffany spork collection! You should use them to eat your KFC mashed taters out of the styrofoam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. That spork collection is absolutely gorgeous! Let's go eat something with them!

    And Bill's commercial rawked. Funniest one I saw.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.