Monday, March 21, 2011

Deadline looms ...

 I'm back from a fabulous beach trip ... a beach trip on which I did NOT take any "work". Okay, I'll lose the quotes. Work. Because it is. I love what I'm doing and consider myself the luckiest person in the world, but it's still a whole lotta blood, sweat, tears and long hours of WORK. It's been especially time consuming these last few weeks as I really dug in and found my groove.

So, as a favor to my family, I decided that I was in a good enough position to finish my final illustrations on time, and I took a much-needed break to recharge and juice up for the final push.



And, that's where I am--the final juicy push. I've only got a few more pages of my book left to illustrate. I've saved the toughest ones for last (note to self--never do that again ... tackle the tricky ones FIRST), and I do have a consuming couple of weeks ahead, but I can see the end.

Okay, the end isn't an accurate thing to say. I'll still have to work on the cover artwork, and I fully expect to have to do some more tweaking to the illustrations (or even some full-blown redoes after it's all said and done). My wonderful art director has been incredible to work with--pushing me to make this book the best that it can be--and if she says to flip it upside down and paint everything with mustard and ketchup, I'll do it.

But, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. We'll see ....

sf

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could draw like that.

    I love learning from life. If your lucky youll have a "Note to self" after everything you do, then the next time you do something, it will be easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Your drawings are so adorable. I can't wait to buy your book, SF! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY ... those look awesome! Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.