Thursday, September 15, 2011

Birdie's Back!

Sujean Rim is one of my favorite illustrators. She is well-known for her super-fashionista-fabulous illustrations for the Daily Candy website.

She also wrote and illustrated BIRDIE'S BIG GIRL SHOES, and in that book, Birdie, a budding fashionista, gets to have a blast in her mom's rah-ther impressive shoe closet.



In her newest book, BIRDIE'S BIG GIRL DRESS, Birdie faces a dilemma that I know all too well--pulling her favorite dress from her closet only to find that it no longer fits (okay--Birdie's dress doesn't fit because she's a little girl and growing, my clothes don't fit because of a little too much goat cheese and crostini).


What in the world will Birdie wear to her own birthday party??

Well, Birdie solves her problem with creativity and panache and a trip to the attic.

I can look at this book a hundred times and never get tired of it. The illustrations are so effortlessly chic--just like true style should be--I really, really want to jump inside this book. And maybe play dress-up with Birdie. My daughter and I absolutely love this one!

And go see what the other Bookanistas are up to this week:


Elana Johnson is in a tizzy over Texas Gothic
LiLa Roecker  celebrates Something Like Hope
Christine Fonseca  is transformed by Shifting
Shannon Whitney Messenger takes a shine to So Silver Bright – with giveaway
Scott Tracey is on board for Starship Academy
Beth Revis shouts about The Name of the Star
Shana Silver loves Lola and the Boy Next Door
Rosemary Clement Moore is distracted by Alien Invasion & Other Inconveniences
Sarah Frances Hardy adores Birdie’s Big Girl Dress
Stasia Ward Kehoe takes a fancy to Fracture
Carolina Valdez Miller goes gaga for Glow and Shifting – with giveaway

3 comments:

  1. Looks adorable!

    Her style is very cute/cool. My girls (though grown-up-ish) would love this kind of book.)

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her illustrations! Both books look positively adorable and I MUST have them!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cute! I love your posts :)

    ReplyDelete