Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New York bound!

Hi all!!

I'm heading to my favorite city in the world on Thursday, and I'm taking my soon-to-be-a-teenager daughter with me. We are both crazy thrilled, and I'm so glad to be able to take Anne with me. She's not a toddler . . . she's not eight . . . she's the perfect age to be thrilled by and to appreciate the magic of New York.

We've got a balanced mix planned of touristy things, bookish things, yummy things.

And of course, shopping.

I get a little sad as I watch my girls get older, but each phase we enter is a whole new set of wonderful (and, okay, I'll admit it--sometimes it's a whole new set of emotional land mines . . . ).

I'll blow the universe a kiss from the Staten Island Ferry. See you soon!

sf

5 comments:

  1. Oh,that's so funny. I'll be in the city Thursday too! I'm meeting my agent (and editor) for the first time ever! She's in from California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! What a great get-away for you and your daughter!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say hello to my city for me! I just love NY and I love that you're now sharing it with your girl. I have already decided to take Livi when she 7 or 8 to introduce her to the real Broadway, shopping on 5th Avenue and St Patrick's where I lit candles praying for her adorable little butt year after year!

    Have a great time!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a great time, it sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.