Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year!

Okay, I'm a little late with New Year's resolutions, but since it's still January (and one of them is to get back to blogging regularly, dangit!), here's one I thought you should know about . . .


What is 12 x 12 in '12, you ask? Well here's all the information that you need, but sign up quick if you want to be eligible for prizes. Basically, it's a group of picture book writers and illustrators who are banding together and pledging to complete one picture book draft per month in 2012.

This is way more my speed than PiBoWriMo which requires a picture book idea per day in the month of November. I always kind of fizzle out during that one (although, I'll try it again this year, I'm sure . . . you never know what your brain will do when you FORCE it, right?).

So head over and join the party!

Thanks Irene Latham for the heads up!!

sf

7 comments:

  1. So glad you're going to be a part of 12 x 12! And thank you for following my blog!

    I think 12 x 12 is going to be fantastic for keeping us on track and writing. All the best to you in it!

    Now I need to find out how to subscribe to your blog. (Quickly discovered that the "subscribe by email" below the comment box is for comments, not for posts.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard! It will be a great and inspiring year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way more my speed than Paula Woo's Picture Book Writing Week- SEVEN PB's in SEVEN days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go, SF! So looking forward to March!!! We need to discuss you coming to Bham for a Schmooze. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you in the 12 x 12 x 12. I am also joined in on the challenge. I think it is going to be a great experience for my writing and for meeting new people. Glad I found your blog. Also, following on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! This sounds like a challenging challenge...I'll have to check in to see what everyone is up to in March.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on joining the challenge. Write on!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.