Friday, March 9, 2012

A Different Kind of Sketchbook Friday!

Good morning all!

This week, I've been doing sketches on a larger scale . . . a kid-sized scale.



I'm making big, wooden cut-outs of Izzy and Rose to take along with me on book signings--thanks to some great help from my hubby and his friend who has mad sawing skills (he even cut around the part in the girls' hair!).  

I'm hoping lots of little people will want to have their pictures made with their favorite character. I'll post the finished product when it stops raining and I can get back outside!

Happy weekend (and happy spring break for some of us--like ME!!)!
sf

7 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous! I love them. I paint murals, one on each of my four kiddos walls in their bedrooms. I never thought of doing them as cut-outs. I'm going to try it as a surprise for my 8 year old son. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! I can't wait to see them finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea, sf!! I love it. I can tell you my daughter and my niece would LOVE to have pictures taken with them. I bet they'll be precious when they're finished! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea! I'm sure the kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!!! Can't wait to see in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fantastic idea and they look great! I hope you post some pics of readers with the character cut outs,

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.